Quin is a female-founded, digital health startup. Starting with diabetes; we are on a mission to open up the possibilities for life with a chronic condition. We’re the most downloaded diabetes app in the UK and have started to roll out to the US this year. Our first app is a first-of-its-kind digital therapeutic for personalised, independent, self-management of type 1 diabetes. We’re 16 strong and 7 years old. As we prepare to expand to the US, raise our Series A funding and triple our headcount within 12 months, we’re hiring a Finance and Operations Manager.
You’re part finance, part operations, with more than a dash of office manager. Your cheerful, roll-up-your-sleeves approach to ticking things off your to-do list, is balanced by your need to double and triple check the details and overachieve on the plan. You’d love working alongside people who want to make a dent in the world. You are ready to level-up and play a key role in helping our Head of Operations and CEO scale our business.
Quin has the lean business operations structure and processes in place that you’d expect from a 16 person start-up. You will be comfortable delivering, tracking and improving a variety of operational processes that are already in place and managing the internal and external relationships that support them.
You love being a safe pair of hands and making things work better. You might be part of a team at the moment, looking to broaden your role and have more impact. You might have got the start-up bug, or be looking to move out of the more corporate world. Either way, you are as happy ordering the office loo roll as you are signing off on payroll.
You will get to:
- Run the day-to-day finance infrastructure of our business. You’ll be responsible for our bank account, monitoring cash burn and forecasting, and paying invoices.
- Manage our facilities, including ordering office supplies and handling things like system accesses.
- Deal with sensitive and confidential information, working with external service providers to administer payroll, pension, accounts, legal agreements, EMI and EIS schemes, as well as the operational HR admin for growing the team.
- Help keep us compliant and doing things right. You are diligent, have a natural attention to detail, highly numerate and super comfortable with Excel and project management/planning software.
- Help us evolve our operations. This could include planning to expand to the US, moving our London office to fit the growing team and playing a part in launching our app globally. You’ll notice there was no “or” in that sentence. This both inspires and scares you, because the only thing limiting this is your drive and imagination
Why come and join us?
- You want to wake up every morning knowing that your day is going to matter, that you work with great people and that you’re going to put your skills to good use.
- At Quin, you can build on your accounting/finance experience, and help manage the day to day operations of a pre-revenue startup, even if you’ve never worked in a startup before.
- We have a track record of growing people. If you have the core fundamentals of finance and a strong sense of why you’re looking to move into a more generalist role, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
This permanent, full-time role is based in our office near Liverpool St for at least three days a week. We’ve budgeted up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Quin works with a diverse set of user needs, turning human experience into science. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. We’re creating a hybrid work environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work, and we welcome applications from all. To apply, please send your CV to Holly Briscoe