Quin is a female-founded, digital health startup in Finsbury Park. We use science, engineering and design to help people with diabetes who take insulin make the best possible decisions about their self-care. We call it turning human experience into science.
We’re looking for the mobile developers, critical-thinkers, scientists, architects, engineers, leaders-of-people and simplicity-seekers who want to challenge the conventional thinking and received wisdom of the medical and pharmaceutical worlds. Our team is currently 70% #womenintech and we come from all sorts of academic and commercial backgrounds.
We’re making an “on device” mobile app that learns how people with diabetes do their self-care and gives them personalised advice to do it better, no matter when they need it. We’re pushing the limits of the platform so that our users can trust we’ll give them the right response, regardless of their connectivity.
- You’ve got a calendar reminder for the WWDC lottery
- You care about how to build for iOS, know the Apple guidelines inside out and are looking for an opportunity where you can bring this passion to work every day
- You’re programming in Swift (and/or Objective-C) and you’re excited to build an “on device” app with Swift
- Pragmatic about languages, tools, architecture with well-developed instincts for OO design and where roles and responsibilities lie
- More motivated to solve hard problems with excellent people than job titles or seniority
- A desire to use your technical skills to make a material difference to people’s lives
- Keen to get to the hard stuff; delivering complex functionality in the simplest way because you know it means the most to the user
- You want to work with other agile developers who care about things like SOLID, TDD, refactoring, continuous delivery and design patterns
- Build new features for the app, and improve the existing ones
- Be our resident iOS expert, helping us to work out when we break the rules about things like views so that we build the best app for our users
- Innovate around Apple HealthKit SDKs and medical devices as we add more data collection sensors
- Work on a Class 2a medical device that just happens to be an iOS app.
- Build an app that’s pushing the capabilities of what you can do on a phone. The data inputs are constantly changing so our app calculates, shuffles, and prepares data so our users see only the most relevant information for their current situation.
- Continuously reduce our technical debt, factor our codebase in a more maintainable way and work out how we get the best out of the platform
Our current tech stack is
- iOS – Swift, HealthKit, ReSwift, Realm and Firebase
Tools-wise we use
- Bitbucket, BuddyBuild, Testflight and Xcode/AppCode
Quin challenges the conventional thinking and received wisdom of the medical and pharmaceutical worlds. We work with a massively diverse set of user needs, turning human experience into science. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. To do that, we’ve created an environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work, and we welcome applications from all.
If you’d like to find out more please contact email@example.com