Quin is a female-founded, digital health startup in Finsbury Park. Our iOS app learns how people with diabetes do their self-care and provides them with personalised advice on how to do better. To do this, we co-create with the hundred people in our research programme. Real users with real lives and real challenges.
We’re looking for a Product Designer who can drive our desire to delight and inspire our users. Your creativity will help design an app which will fill users with confidence. You’ll have the opportunity to take us from private beta through to reaching thousands when we launch later this year.
We’re hiring a replacement for Nelia, our original designer, who has moved to Sweden for love. We’ve tried remote working and it’s not. We’re a talented and friendly team who work collaboratively and develop together. You’ll lead the design conversations whilst being supported all the way.
- Take your passion for human-centred design to the next level and work on something that materially improves people’s lives
- Own the end-to-end visual and interaction design of our product, a functionally complex iOS app designed for simplicity and frequent use
- Work within a cross-functional engineering team with monthly releases
- Design across the whole user-journey, from acquisition to conversation to loyal users who couldn’t be without Quin
- Help us design the customer experience from acquisition to off-boarding
- Partner with our marketing team on projects like our brand identity
- Understand a diverse set of user needs, frequently testing your ideas, prototypes, designs with our beta users
- Work in a highly regulated, healthtech environment. We’re a medical device that happens to be an app
- A portfolio of commercial work that made it into the hands of users, that showcases both your visual and interaction design skills and your background in creating simple, elegant mobile user experiences
- The lean/agile UX gene. Collaborating with your team, iterating on designs and understanding the technical implications of design decisions is more important to you than pixel perfection
- An appreciation of the Apple Human Interface guidelines. We build for iOS right now, so you know how to get the most out of the platform and don’t reinvent the wheel or design interactions that are impossible to implement
- Empathy for, and curiosity about, the realities of daily life with diabetes
We currently use Sketch for all our UI and prototype work, Invision for user testing, Mingle for documenting and whiteboards for thinking. We build for iOS and our developers use Swift. We’re focused on continual improvement; we want someone who loves making things better and can harvest all the good practices they’ve used before.
Quin challenges conventional thinking and the received wisdom of the medical and pharmaceutical worlds. We work with a massively diverse set of user needs, turning human experience into science. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. To do that, we’ve created an environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work, and we welcome applications from all.
If you would like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org