Quin is a female-founded, digital health startup in Finsbury Park. We’re looking for an amazing human to join our eight-strong engineering team and help improve our delivery capability. We use science, engineering and design to build a Class 1 medical device that just so happens to be a mobile app. Currently in private beta, it learns how people with insulin-treated diabetes do their self-care and gives them personalised advice to do it better, no matter when they need it.
This is a hands-on role within a pragmatically agile (Lean, Kanban and XP over Scrum), user-obsessed, R&D style environment. Our work is at the intersection of digital health, advanced software engineering, mobile development and scientific research. We call it turning human experience into science.
Our current Product Owner is leaving in June to continue her studies. We’re delighted for her, but sad she’s leaving. Fortunately, it means we can have a meaningful handover period, and our ideal person will be available to start no later than June 3rd.
- Balance hands-on delivery with building what the user needs. You’ll do the analysis that takes ideas and turns them into epics and stories, as well as navigating trade-offs between design and development, while orchestrating the collaboration in the team.
- Be the delivery lynchpin across the SDLC so that we continue to deliver new functionality to our private beta users every month. You’ll own and execute #allthethings across multiple roadmaps from design and analysis, through development to QA and go live to our beta users.
- Be the voice of the user for our engineers. From helping our development team understand the user needs, to finding ways to bring the user into more of the work we do, you’ll make sure we prioritise based on user value as much as possible.
- Implement and run the regulatory process across the software development life cycle and own the technical file
This is a chance to work on a meaningful product that challenges the status quo of diabetes management in a team of lovely people. We’re 77% #womenintech and we come from all sorts of academic and commercial backgrounds. You’ll work alongside Isabella, our Product Visionary, and report to Esme, our Head of Delivery, with a team of amazing, highly experienced, agile software engineers.
- A passion for hands-on analysis, breaking down epics and turning user needs into stories. You’re familiar with INVEST, understand the benefits of vertical story slicing and love writing acceptance criteria.
- The ability to be agile in a regulatory environment. You’re comfortable with a wide variety of agile development principles (over practices) and pragmatic about the trade-offs. You’ll have compelling evidence of how you estimate, track velocity, shape stories and manage a backlog using agile project management tools.
- Heaps of ownership and accountability. You’re comfortable managing defects and risk, and have developed a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership.
- A non-traditional leadership and collaboration style (servant leadership and high-performing, empowered, autonomous teams) that you use to remove blockers and help engineers get better at delivering working software that users need.
- An unusually high level of comfort with ambiguity. This is a complex, unsolved domain which means we rely on logical problem solving, first principles and open debate to get to solutions. You’ll be open to changing your mind and comfortable having your ideas challenged.
Quin challenges the conventional thinking and received wisdom of the medical and pharmaceutical worlds. We work with a massively diverse set of user needs, turning human experience into science. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our product will be. To do that, we’ve created an environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work, and we welcome applications from all.
If you would like to find out more, or to apply, please email email@example.com.